While starting an affiliate the initial challenge is to tackle the affiliate patterns. It’s best to carefully plan your targeting while the recruitment is time-consuming while running an affiliate program. The best starting point will
While starting an affiliate the initial challenge is to tackle the affiliate patterns. It’s best to carefully plan your targeting while the recruitment is time-consuming while running an affiliate program. The best starting point will be to look at your customer base and audience. Evaluating the segments will provide information to make good partners. In this article, we will define and explain different types of affiliate marketing partners and their characteristics.
Types of partners:
Usually, there are top five affiliate marketing partners and they are:
- Agency partners: usually, in a B2B program, you need to look for partners who can attract business buyers. It does not mean avoiding B2C promoters. A potential partner should be aware of longer sales cycles.
- Content affiliates: podcast hosts, YouTubers, and bloggers belong to the content affiliate partners. It is the first category while you think for affiliate marketers. People with their websites or blogs such as reviews, writing tutorials, or product comparisons. These affiliates can spend their time and effort in promoting the products in their niche and will grow the audience for your products. A successful content affiliate will know the leverage keywords with purchase intent and what is the need of the audience. They will place their audience initially since they know the promoting methods.
- Social media influencers: a subcategory of content affiliates is the social media influencers who are loyal followers of social media. Their brand will have its audience in one or more than one niche. Social media influencers are not only for driving conversions but they spread the word about the products to their followers. The latter contributes to brand awareness efforts.
- Email marketers: content affiliates and agency partners will collect email lists and use them for multiple purposes. Email marketers are a rare group and have an advantage in marketing channels. Similar to affiliate marketing channels, email marketers are about reaping the benefits. The only disadvantage of email affiliates is you cannot monitor promotion techniques for your products.
- PPC affiliates: PPC affiliates are marketers who use paid ads for promoting affiliates to the audience. They will invest their own money in the products. Like the other affiliates, the PPC affiliates are also paid for the conversions only. An affiliate manager will have the limitation of using PPC before creating any ad.
Overall, we have introduced the top five marketing partners that will help you reach wider audiences. Make sure to know different affiliate profiles for wider reach.