What do you know about Boat Quay? Located upstream of the mouth of the Singapore River is a historical quay in Singapore known as Boat Quay. It is established on the south bank of the
What do you know about Boat Quay?
Located upstream of the mouth of the Singapore River is a historical quay in Singapore known as Boat Quay. It is established on the south bank of the river. Boat Quay stretches from the shophouses near the UOB Centre, along one bank of the Singapore River, and up to the Elgin Bridge. You will find some exciting boat quay restaurants in and around that place that tourists love to visit during their visit.
- Boat Quay on the Singapore River is one of the three subzones of the Singapore River Planning Area. The other two subzones of this planning area in Singapore are Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay.
- In the 1860s, Boat Quay was the busiest part of Singapore’s old harbor and handled three-quarters of the entire shipping trade in the region.
- One of the reasons behind this was the shape of the southern part of the Singapore River.
- The south of the river resembled the belly of a carp fish and, in Chinese belief, was where wealth and prosperity were kept.
- This belief led to the construction of many shophouses in the area in hopes of prosperity, causing the area to boom.
- Although the boat quay’s contribution to Singapore’s waterborne trade has declined, the shophouses have been preserved and maintained.
- They are now used as restaurants, bars, and pubs. This led to a shift in the socio-economic role of boat quays in Singapore from business and maritime trade.
- The area is now more focused on tourism and aesthetics than the commercial areas of the Singapore River.
- The road along the coast is also called Boat Quay. This place was transformed into a pedestrian mall.
Boat Quay Italian Restaurant – Singapore Riverside Dining
- The boat quay restaurants are all about the social dining experience; They offer excellent and quality Italian restaurant catering for events in Singapore.
- Simple and almost universally loved, Italian cuisine is a crowd-pleaser indeed. There is something about Italian cuisine that brings people together.
- Restaurant owner pride themselves on offering their customers a delicious range of freshly prepared dishes in a warm and cheering atmosphere in their private dining room, which can be exclusively yours.
- The boat quay restaurant offers a versatile venue that can be adapted for anything from large celebrations to intimate gatherings of family and friends.
- Over the years, they have built a reputation for setting out some of the best Italian food in Singapore. They trust in doing simple things well and offer a menu filled with all the classic crowd-satisfying Italian dishes like pizza, pasta, and risotto.
- All their dishes are prepared using premium imported products and fresh local ingredients to offer you a taste of the Mediterranean.
- When you choose a restaurant with Italian catering services in Singapore, you can love authentic Italian flavors and trustworthy catering services.
They love to gather people together at their restaurant along the Singapore River, offering an atmospheric private dining area perfect for events, celebrations, and any party. They believe that people are brought together by food. Thus, their team offers reliable restaurant catering in Singapore so that people can celebrate not just the event but the food during the event.