People who are regularly involved or engaged in physical activities such as playing sports, running, cycling, etc., are more prone to get sprained ankle than any other. However, it can happen to anyone and for
People who are regularly involved or engaged in physical activities such as playing sports, running, cycling, etc., are more prone to get sprained ankle than any other. However, it can happen to anyone and for any simple or silly. Therefore, it is essentialto know the steps to be taken if one suffers from such an injury. There are various kinds of methods applied to help one heal faster. Out of all musculoskeletal injuries, the most popular choice for numerous reasons is highlighted by this article.
Causes and symptoms of a sprained ankle
Ankle sprains are caused when the ligament that supports the ankle stretch beyond its extent, resulting in a tear. These can range from severe to mild sprains depending on the damage sustained to the ankle area. The causes of ankle sprain, which are pretty standard, are as follows:-
- Any injury sustained during a sports or physical activity that causes the joint to stretch beyond its average extent or motion is a significant cause of such sprains.
- Any injury sustained through repeated force or action on the ankles during any challenging sports activity can also lead to an ankle sprain.
Some common signs can help you determine whether you have sustained an ankle injury or not. Some of these common signs are as follows:-
- Pain or soreness
- Difficulty in walking or stiffness in the joints
It is also essential to differentiate between an ankle sprain and an ankle fracture to help understand the required treatment. Some people might confuse a sprained ankle with a fractured one and take the wrong call on what steps to follow to get better.
How can we physiotherapy help one recover?
It is known that physio for a sprained ankle is one of the most effective ways to help one recover speedily and better. It can nurse you back to health and prevent such things from happening in the future. Given below are some of the ways that can prevent it:-
- It can help lessen the pain, help you return to doing your activities as usual, and prevent any other further injury.
- It can also help in the range of motion of the joints.
- Taping and bracing are two of the methods that have proven effective in the prevention of injuries as well.
There are only a few cases when taking a severe form of surgery. Otherwise, it is not something to be so concerned about but should be taken utmost care of.