Washington was the second state to legalize marijuana use, and the laws allowing for the legal use of marijuana vaporizers are now in full effect. Whether you live or are planning to visit Washington, this
Washington was the second state to legalize marijuana use, and the laws allowing for the legal use of marijuana vaporizers are now in full effect. Whether you live or are planning to visit Washington, this guide will tell you what you need to know to use a vaporizer weed pen or wax vaporizer properly to avoid costly fines or other negative consequences.
- Law requires that people be at least 21 of age to purchase, possess, and consume marijuana in the state of Washington.
- You do not need to be a Washington state resident to purchase, possess, or consume marijuana. Someone from out of state can use or purchase a vaporizer pen for sale, and other drug paraphernalia just like a Washington resident. The only difference is that you can only buy up to .25 ounces of marijuana at a time with an out-of-state photo ID. The limit for Washington residents is set at 1 ounce.
- Marijuana can only be legally purchased through a licensed retail store. Medical marijuana patients can also buy weed through these stores. At this time, no online headshops are licensed to sell marijuana in Washington, and individuals may not resell marijuana purchased from a dispensary. Marijuana stores can be open from 8 AM until midnight, seven days per week. People under the age of 21 cannot go inside, even if accompanied by a parent.
- In Washington, you can purchase dry herbs and waxy concentrates legally. If you choose to use concentrates and want to vape, you will need to use a wax pen or dab pen or a portable vaporizer that is compatible with waxes. Most dry herb vaporizers do not work with waxes.
- It is possible to experience side effects from using marijuana. If you’re a first-timer, it’s usually best to use a weed vape or to smoke, rather than consuming edibles, which are far more potent. It is possible to consume too much marijuana and experience side effects, but there is no known lethal level of marijuana that is considered fatal. Still, it’s always best to start slowly.
- Public consumption of marijuana is prohibited. You cannot use a vaporizer weed pen, a portable cannabis vaporizer or smoke marijuana on the street, in a park or in any restaurant or cafe. It’s also not legal to use cannabis in dispensaries. You can use marijuana in private residences, and hotels, bed and breakfasts, and inns may allow you to use cannabis; however, many do not, so it’s best to check.
- The possession of marijuana on federal property is prohibited. Even though Washington has made marijuana legal, the drug remains illegal at the federal level. As a result, you cannot take cannabis onto federal property, even if you don’t intend to use it. This means that you shouldn’t bring cannabis along if you’re visiting one of the National Parks and forests located in Washington.
- It’s illegal to operate a motor vehicle under the influence of marijuana. It’s also dangerous.
Keep in mind that laws regarding vape pens can change at any time. Before you use vaporizers for weed or smoke marijuana, double check that you understand the current laws. Doing a little research can help you avoid potential problems and ensure that you have the best possible experience.